the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

adder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2008 at 11:58am

another unexpected surprise while looking for baby common lizards this afternoon.

tim hamlett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2008 at 2:53pm

visited the same site this afternoon for possibly the last time this year. saw a few baby common lizards before spotting this female

she turned out to be extremely obliging, letting me get closer and closer until i was literally inches away. she even waited patiently while i removed some sticks and grass from right in front of her that were obstructing my view.

turned out to be the most engaging and captivating experience with an adder i have had so far. and i managed to get some half decent pics for a change because she allowed me to get so close (although the lens needs a clean).

tim

dave fixx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave fixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2008 at 4:08pm
lovely pics mate.Looks like tuesday next week will be my last attempt this year hope they stay out for me.
Dave Williams
davewilliamsphotography.co.uk
tim hamlett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2008 at 4:58pm

cheers dave. seven day forecast looks decent so you've got a chance.

tim

Suzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 8:33am
Was out on a heath (East Devon) from 11am today. Lovely day. Saw two female adders mosaic basking (very hard to spot) and a couple of young lizards. Not had a frost down here yet.
Suz
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 10:32am
Great pics Tim; always like to see photos of adders taken in situ - shows they've been more comfortable with the experience (plus fieldcraft, stalking skills etc)

Cheers

Will
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic