the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > UK Reptiles and Amphibians
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Mythical Beast!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dave fixx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave fixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Mythical Beast!
    Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 4:04pm
Lovely to meet you Tim,great spot for the first adder and some fab pics to.Glad to see you found a slow worm.Mick and I found 2 slow worms whilst putting the others back.A record breaking adder day for me so top result .Heres to a couple more trips next year.
Dave
Dave Williams
davewilliamsphotography.co.uk
Suzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 2:08pm

Lovely pix Tim. The dragonfly one is rather scary!

Pretty good weather this weekend - lots of sun, some cloud - here in East Devon. Almost seemed like the summer we missed.

Suz
tim hamlett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 1:06pm

cheers dave for a really enjoyable day.

we saw loads of common lizards, six adders, frogs, toads and a palmate newt. i then stopped off on my way home and found a smooth newt and a slowworm.

cheers again dave. really enjoyed meeting everyone and will defo do it again next year.

tim

dave fixx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave fixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 5:03pm
Thats the place Tim.Cant see us getting going for half an hour or so but wouldnt imagine being out much after lunchtime,not a huge area to cover.
hope we see you
Dave Williams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 11:18am

forgot to ask. is this the visitors centre http://www.coedllandegla.com/index.htm if so i should be able to find it easily enough. is the ramble open to anyone btw?

tim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 11:05am

hi dave

i'm an hour and a half away so won't make it for 9. i'll try and get there as early as i can though. will the ramble go on into the afternoon...conditions might actually be better then given the time of year and poor temps we've been having lately.

tim

dave fixx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave fixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 7:31am
Tim ,
We will be meeting at the visitor centre at Llandegla forest at 9.00am on sunday morning ,have a quick chat about what we are likely to see ie lizards and adders.Then on for the ramble.Hope you can come Tim,if you want a chat b4 hand pm me for my telephone number and I can chat later.
Dave Williams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 3:32pm

forecast still looking ok...what's the plan for sunday?

tim

dave fixx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave fixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 6:35pm
no not taking the girls Tim,they ve had enough this year.Hope it falls well for you sunday.Tony it would be fantastic to see you in these parts in april.
Dave Williams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 12:58pm
seven day forecast is currently forecasting a decent day for sunday. fingers crossed it will stay that way but unfortunately those longer term forecasts do tend to change a lot. my partner has been asked to a seminar in manchester that day but isn't sure she wants to go. if she goes i stay at home...if she stays at home i go to llangegla, so we shall see. are you taking the girls, dave?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic