the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Palmate Newt
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

from the other day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: from the other day
    Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 4:04pm

alonso with his first palmate of the year

tim

Suzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 5:42pm

Go back 48 years and that could be my brother in Bolton with a newt collected from a grimy pond in a very industrial area (all poshed up now and a retail park I believe). My Mum would have caught it for him. I can also picture her  with a net, balanced on a rock on edge of said pond, me watching. We took stuff home, kept it for a few days in a tank and then took it back to release. Sticklebacks and all sorts. Mum is 80 this year but still keen on wildlife and we are grateful for our parents interest and encouragement all those years ago - lasted a lifetime. 

So one day Tim your kids will look back fondly on these times.

Suz
tim hamlett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 6:40pm

thanks suz

my partner teases me about trying to relive my childhood vicariously through the kids but i honestly think they really enjoy it. of course, if i happen to get something out of it as well then...

when it's time, wish your mum a very happy birthday from us.

tim

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic