the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adders at Burnham Beeches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2007 at 2:14pm
Great pic Rick

Maybe one weekend I'll come along with you to BB, as it sounds a great site.

Consultant Ecologist and Amphibians Officer of Surrey Amphibian and Reptile Group
www.surrey-arg.org.uk

mikebrown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikebrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2007 at 2:54pm

Nice to see the adders thriving again at BB, as I, like Tony, first encountered them there and at Stoke Common, as a kid, before I emigrated to Lancashire.

I would also be interested to know if there are any left at Stoke Common. I noticed that there were signs for them there last year.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike Brown
Merseyside ARG
Steg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2007 at 5:37am

Went over to BB yesterday and saw a snake - unsure which species it was because I just saw the tail end of it as it slithered away into the ferns and didn't get to see the patterning.

Also saw a common lizard, and found a shed from an adult grassy :)

Need to go back to find adders though

mikebrown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikebrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2007 at 7:55pm

Further to my previous post, I would be very interested to know what the present status is with adders at my old 'stomping ground' of Stoke Common, which I used to frequent regularly before migrating to Lancashire and eventually Liverpool in 1978 (due to work, not choice, initially, although I really like living in Merseyside now).

Please PM me with any info.

Many thanks,

Mike Brown

Mike Brown
Merseyside ARG
Andy_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 3:39pm
I went to Burnham Beeches for the first time last spring (bad considering im not very far from there!) looked for reptiles on quite a few visits on days which i thought would be ideal but all i saw was a common lizard.

Had a good look round any areas i thought they might be hiding but cant help thinking i was looking in the wrong places. Great place for a walk and im already excited about having another look soon as its warm enough!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic