the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Alien & Naturalised species of the UK > Aliens
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Camden Creature

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 4:47pm
Indigestion ahead?  the rat inside probably weighed only a bit less than the snake, which looked fit to bust - reminded me of those photos of pythons that have swallowed antelope or similarly big prey.  I'm guessing that Aesculapians must be powerful constrictors in their own right to overpower big prey like this.

AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 5:36pm
Hi Will dont go public as they will all be blaming them for missing cats and pooches Keith
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 7:02pm
now I come to think of it, that prey bulge might just have been a chihuahuaLOL
Paul Ford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 8:00pm
I just caught The One Show - nice one Will!

Paul
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 8:46pm
Hi Paul, thanks - I didn't know it was on!  I haven't seen it myself but will try to get it on iplayer!
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 8:19am
Hi Will not seen it but if its about them on tv I dont think exposure to the public is a good what do you think keith
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 8:47am
Hi Keith - I refused for several years but following the bad publicity about them in all the national papers last year I reluctantly agreed, given that the BBC were going to make a clip about them anyway (better to be inside the tent pi**ing out??Smile) and that the cat/snake was already well and truly out of the bag.  Anyway I think they did an OK job of producing a balanced piece.  Those who want to remove / collect the snakes for whatever reason will know about them anyway, I think.
Tom Omlette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 10:11am
brilliant will! well done mate.

tim

will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 11:59am
Thanks Tim, really appreciate that!
JaySteel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaySteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 12:22am
Good work Will. I'm glad you got the job. They were going to do this piece with or without you and thanks to your input the story is definitely slanted in our favour.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>
  Share Topic