the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Common Frog
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10 minute opondo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 minute opondo
    Posted: 05 Mar 2007 at 7:18pm
I had ten minutes to spare today, so decided to install a 'pond' in my garden.

What I know about amphibians, I could comfortably write on the back of a postage stamp...in crayon. However, after passing a 2-foot planter at the edge of my garden for days, and watching it fill with water, I thought better if it was at frog-level.

So, I dug a hole, dropped the planter into it, dropped in a breeze-block and filled with water.

I've just done a garden patrol with a torch...AND I HAVE A FROG IN MY POND!...so chuffed ! (see bottom-left corner of 'pond')

Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
james4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2007 at 9:28am

yay lucky you.thats exactly what im doing.a big bucket,put it in the garden dig it in and hope they arrive :D

how long did it take for him to arrive?

http://ukreptiles.proboards55.com
Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2007 at 9:39am
Erm...started pond building at about 10 to 4, finished pond building at about 4pm , when I checked at Midnight the Frog was present. Midday today, the Frog has gone, but a different one has taken its place!

I dunno, they treat my place like a hotel !

I have NO idea whether it will get adopted, like I say, I know boff-all about amphibs .
Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
james4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2007 at 9:41am

lol good luck,can you look at my post on this part of the forum.is there lots of frogs in your area/garden.

i hope mine take up residence so quick.

http://ukreptiles.proboards55.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic