the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > UK Reptiles and Amphibians
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WOOLMER & LonGMOOR CAMP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WOOLMER & LonGMOOR CAMP
    Posted: 28 Feb 2007 at 6:41am
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY SAND LIZARDS OR SMOOTH SNAKES THAT MIGHT  STILL BE FOUND IN THIS AREA AS I BELIEVE THERE WAS ONCE  SOME PROLIFIC COLONIES EXISTING .I LOOKED LAST YEAR NEARBY AND DID NOT SEE ANY ONLY A NEWT THAT WAS ON A WALK DODGING A FEW LAND MINES + A FEW VIPS BASKING. WOULD BE INTERESTED CHEERS        KEITH BENNETT 

Edited by AGILIS
Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2007 at 8:23am
Hi again Keith,

As far as I know, Woolmer still supports all six native reptiles (and all six native amphibians, prior to the Pool frog becoming native, they could be there too for all I know, you'd need to ask a pond-hugger ).

I would agree that Woolmer is not necessarily the best site to actually see these animals, but they are still supported.

When you next wander down to Surrey, drop me an email and I'll show you some nice La sites!

Steve

Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2007 at 8:43am

AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2007 at 8:52am
hi again Steve  thanks also I found a site near Verwood in the new forest a few years ago that had some young agilis basking come across the site by accident as I  stopped for a brew with a lady friend and had to look a the bit of heather in a sandy clearing  like you do, and was pleasantly suprised will keep in contact regards Keith ps need to get a c/a photo

Edited by AGILIS
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2007 at 9:46am

arvensis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arvensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2007 at 4:06pm
Without being site specific, the Woolmer Forest area still does support Ca and La.

Mark
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2007 at 2:54am
  CHEERS MARK I DO NO SOME SITES THERE BUT IT WAS MY FIRST VISIT FOR SOME YEARS I WONDERED IF ANY WERE LEFT AS I SEE NONE..I UNDERSTAND YOU NOT BEING SPECIFIC AS THERE ARE STILL COLLECTORS WAITING TO POUNCE .   REGARDS KEITH

Edited by AGILIS
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2007 at 12:43pm

AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2007 at 12:56pm
Hi Tony yes i do agree the fact that the mod  still retains a lot of land certainly helps as lots  it can remain undisturbed providing this present  government do not decide to build on it ie allowing tescos etc as nothing seems safe today as i am sure you remember Frensham little pond in the 1950s  and the sandy heather clad hillocks with vast sa colonies  before they  destroyed it .regards keith 

Edited by AGILIS
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2007 at 2:41pm

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic