the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adder Photography

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2005 at 4:11pm

Steve,  we have the server resources to provide photo galleries.

What do people think?

(PS this page now has 3 posts and no piccies )

Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2005 at 6:58pm

Such a demanding woman !  I'm out on the Heaths tomorrow, best I take me camera huh ?

Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
Jeroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2005 at 3:29am

Steve,

Was this animal lying there like this or was it handled prior to taking the picture? I'm asking this because I am always assuming snakes to bask with their entire dorsal surface exposed to the sun and not (like this one) covering a part with another part. So, I guess I am wrong?

administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2005 at 3:39am
Best take that camera Steve, else I might bring in a new rule, no piccies, no posting
herpetologic2 View Drop Down
Forum Coordinator
Forum Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herpetologic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2005 at 4:33am

Here is an adder found in 2003 at Epping Forest - any ideas of what sex? and you can see that the animal is basking with parts of its body on other parts -

Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2005 at 4:37am

Jeroen,

That pic is as I found her, no handling. Managed to see her far enough away to stalk up un-noticed.

Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
herpetologic2 View Drop Down
Forum Coordinator
Forum Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herpetologic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2005 at 4:38am

Sorry for the size I have another picture I want to share with you  - its a posed shot but I like it

Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2005 at 4:53am
Hehe, Great stuff!
I'll have to go through my discs
Jeroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2005 at 7:18am

Sorry for being a little of topic but I wanted to share some of my pictures of other European vipers with you all. I have to admit all of  them were taken after capture. These and more pictures of mine are of course also available in my Euroherp Database, so sorry to those who already saw them ...

First an Ottoman Viper (Montivipera xanthina) from NE-Greece ...

Two Nose-horned Vipers (Vipera ammodytes) from Bulgaria

An Asp Viper (Vipera aspis) from the French Pyrenees

and an Orsini's Viper (Vipera ursinii) from Greece

Edited by Jeroen
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2005 at 1:53pm

No problem with going slightly off topic there Jeroen, European sp. are always appreciated, going slightly further from the UK, Tony is back from South Africa (welcome back Tony, I still have to do the page for your courses in SA but it is on my to do list ) and has sent through this beauty, anyone know what it is?

Edited by GemmaJF
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
  Share Topic