the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adder Photography

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
arvensis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arvensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adder Photography
    Posted: 08 Sep 2006 at 7:33am
One from today at a location I think they may not have been recorded before:

Mark

Edited by arvensis
Paul Williams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Williams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2006 at 6:25pm

Adders taken yesterday before the rain hit again!

more on the site if you would like to see more

Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2006 at 2:42pm

Nice weather for Adder-spotting recently ! managed to gently pick this girl up while she was sleeping, the other four! next to her slid away as I approached: (she wasn't impressed!)

Looking more closely, you can clearly see bits of dust on her eye. How do Adders clean their eyes without eyelids ? I'm assuming sloughs are too spaced in time to be much use, presumably some tear-like liquid cleans their lenses? they do seem to spend a lot of time at dust-level in undergrowth!

Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2006 at 7:53pm

Almost all the local Adders are basking partially obscured by cover over the last few weeks. Very few basking openly in this heat.

Only way I'm getting any pictures recently is by lying motionless and allowing them to return to a disturbed basking spot. Here's a pretty girl from today at Ash.

Steve Langham - Chairman    
Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2006 at 7:47pm

How about when an annoying bit of snake gets in the way of a nice vegetation shot ?

Steve Langham - Chairman    
Wolfgang Wuster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfgang Wuster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2006 at 2:46pm
In northern Sweden, Vipera berus gets to nearly 110 cm - that's actually quite a big viper. Would love to see one that size....

Cheers,

WW
Wolfgang Wüster

School of Biological Sciences, University of Wales, Bangor

http://pages.bangor.ac.uk/~bss166/
Jimpklop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimpklop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2006 at 11:43am
Hi
I like the leaf in that picture shows a more accurate size because a lot of the time photos make them look bigger. I still can't get over how small adders are, When you see photo's the look like beasts but they are tiny!
Thanks

Im Craving Adder's(www.jimpklop.moonfruit.com)
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2006 at 9:04am

hmmmmm not really of the required standard me thinks, it is after all a very exclusive club, nice adder piccy please with very annoying bit of vegetation close to the eye when you get home might do it 

yellowhammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowhammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2006 at 7:46am

Haven't got any more adder photos here (I'm supposed to be working, and when the boss comes back I will be!) but how's about a common lizard with extra greenery?

administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2006 at 7:17am
 I have an incredible collection of them too! Best post some up and see if you can qualify
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
  Share Topic