the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First Adders of the year from North Wales

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Sanderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Adders of the year from North Wales
    Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 11:17pm
Had a rare day off today and the weather seemed right so I headed my local spot in North Wales. Had a nice productive morning - spotting a nice male adder in the heath. Bumped into a nice chap called Mick Brummage who was also looking for snakes. He showed me another adder - a nice female who was too quick to photograph. The male adder was much more accommodating and allowed me to snap plenty of snaps. 

will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 3:47pm
nice to see David and thanks for sharing. I used to visit a spot near to Porthmadog which was great for adders, including some almost lilac coloured females. That neck of the woods also seemed good for grassies as well, plus lizards and slowworms - a herpetological hot spot, and not far from sand lizard reintroduction at Harlech as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic