the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Associated Fauna and Flora
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Ere grits back

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Ere grits back
    Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 5:09pm
Out of my grazzer free tours of anywhere wet and bosh, guess who turns up again. He must be used to me now he didn't even fly away, you should see the close up I've got of his beady eye!!

RobV
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 6:35pm
They're such a beautiful white bird. I can remember how exciting it was to see one and now they're common in our area.
Suz
Liz Heard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 2:18am
ah yeah suz. same goes for buzzards. i remember when sighting one of those was newsworthy!
Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 10:00am
Oh sorry to bore you guys!

But they're still not all that common around my way and as for Buzzards, well you might be lucky enough to see a pair every two yaers or so.

R
RobV
Noodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 12:48pm
Same with the old Red Kites, five years ago we had no breeding pairs in Shrops; last year i believe we had twelve nesting pairs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic