the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > News > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ConSTRICTOR BEHEADING

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ConSTRICTOR BEHEADING
    Posted: 17 May 2009 at 2:29am
ANOTHER WANABE RAY MEARS RAMBO SAS STYLE SENSATION SEEKING SURVIVAL PROGRAM ON CHANNEL 4 LAST NIGHT AT 7pm WITH SOME TWAT CALLED BEAR GRYLLS AN APT NAME, BEHEADED A POOR OLD PYTHON MINDING ITS OWN BUSINESS FOR THE SAKE OF THE MORONIC VEIW RATINGS I WONT BE WATCHING THE DICKHEAD AGAIN KEITH

Edited by AGILIS
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
tim hamlett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 7:11am

couldn't have put it any better myself! utterly unnecessary.

tim 

Peter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 10:03am

Have seen the idiot before.     His programmes are nothing but sensationalist "entertainment" and nothing at all to do with what to do in a genuine survival situation.  

Absolute rubbish.

BLF Dragonscapes Habitats officer
Amphibian and Reptile Conservation
e: peter.hill@arc-trust.org
Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 1:53pm
Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
herpetologic2 View Drop Down
Forum Coordinator
Forum Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herpetologic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 2:14pm
A complete t**ser in my book......

He grabbed a vine snake and literally ate it alive in
front of the camera.......

Tit!

J
Report your sightings to the Record Pool http://arguk.org/recording
dave fixx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave fixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 3:55pm
why do we still have to put up with this on tv anymore?.Cant stand the smug git.
Dave Williams
davewilliamsphotography.co.uk
snakey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 4:06pm
in one episode i saw about ayear ago, whilst somewhere in north america, he was walking through a swamp and he reached into some weeds and pulled out what appeared to be either a small garter or ribbon snake or maybe a small nerodia and proceded to de-cappitate it with his teeth before eating it. poor excuse for a man...very poor excuse for a program
AndyS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 12:51pm

Well Folks Prepare for a few more!!

Quote " Bear Grylls will be the new Chief Scout of the UK Scout Association. ... Bear Grylls is truly an inspiration to us all, and a perfect figure head for scouting." End Quote

read it here http://scouts.org.uk/news_view.php?news_id=185

maybe they ought to be told?

Peter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 3:47pm

Very concerning to be totally honest when you consider the complete lack of awareness regarding the bigger picture displayed by some of the individuals commenting on the article that Steve posted up earlier in this thread.

Here`s two rather disturbing responses that show a complete misunderstanding of man`s place in the world and what denotes a knowledge of bushcraft and survival.  They are definately talking about two entirely different subjects, survival education and "entertainment".

Who cares if some of the stunts are staged, Bear has commented himself that the programme employs camera tricks etc. People watch the show because it is entertaining, if I want to know how to build shelters I will tune into Mears. Actually learning how to survive (properly) is not really relevant in my day to day life, entertainment is and Bear provides it.

- Dave R, Oxford, 12/8/2007

Does it really matter if he stayed in a hotel? He still eats live snakes, frogs etc, and somehow I don't think that the elephant dung was chocolate cake - so he's not faking the cool bits. The aim of the program is to show people some basic survival skills, not for the man who is SAS, been across the Atlantic in a rib, been up Everest, to name a few of his amazing feats, to sleep rough when he can sleep in the hotel and produce a better program the next day.

Keep going Bear, your still the best :D

- Gordon Fox, Surrey, UK, 24/7/2007

BLF Dragonscapes Habitats officer
Amphibian and Reptile Conservation
e: peter.hill@arc-trust.org
Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:02pm
Don't forget my favourite quote:

He's not even a real bear!

- Paul Merton - Have I got News for You
Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic