the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Reporting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Combos 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Combos 2014
    Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 6:37pm
How about a thread for juxtaposed reptiles / amphibs of different species?  I'll start the ball rolling with a bad photo of a grass snake and a young black adder basking together from today:

Iulia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iulia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 9:35pm
Grr if that's what I think it is will kill you with my bare hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iulia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iulia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 9:41pm
Tis an old pic - but on topic

will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 6:57am
Iulia wrote: Grr if that's what I think it is will kill you with my bare hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'fraid so! - but your combo is a much better photo!
arvensis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arvensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 10:08am
Saw this yesterday:

Didn't see any snakes which was a little surprising but then again I've always been crap at seeing grassies!

Mark

Edited by arvensis - 30 Mar 2014 at 10:08am
Liz Heard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 5:52pm
keep up with the top quality pics, posts and expertise sharing Will.

Not sure if this counts and the pic is no match for the eyeball magnets above, but anyway, here's a Common Frog watching a pair of Smooth Newts:

judging by the male's posture, it's possible there's another female out of sight beneath the duckweed.
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 8:37pm
thanks Ben!  here's a 'tar-y' frog from some years ago, though I know it shouldn't really go in the 'combos' thread...  I'll keep my eyes out for odd coloured ones in the pond.

Liz Heard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 4:52pm
whoa! thats a real 'Brer Frog Tar Baby' Will! thanks for posting.

I lifted a sun-warmed rock on a local common recently and uncovered several Slowies of various sizes and 2 young Toads.
Most of the former quickly made off but i managed this snap of 1 of them, plus the Toads:

a Pill Bug can also be seen. Locally, these and their kin are known as "Chucky Pigs".
My parents always called them by this rather charming moniker and it was years before i found out the usual name for these was "Woodlice"!!
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 9:40pm
bit of a gory one, this...  grass snake and palmate newt...

AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 10:33am
glad to see some one seeing things keith
   LOCAL ICYNICAL CELTIC ECO WARRIOR AND FAILED DRUID
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic