the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > UK Reptiles and Amphibians
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheeky Grass Snake

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCOX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheeky Grass Snake
    Posted: 04 Aug 2004 at 2:25pm

Can someone help! 

I had a grass snake last year which I found out about when I was about to take what I thought was debris out of my pond, when it hissed at me.  I've got to say up til then I thought I was fine with snakes, although I would never keep one.  Since then I have found myself nevous to say the least.  Myself and my dad managed to catch the snake and take to a wooded area with a large pond where I hope it is very happy.

This year a had myself another visitor.  It's been in my pond off and on for the last couple of months.  Unfortunately, he now seems to have made himself or herself at home, so much so that almost every lunchtime I go home to find him basking on my lilypads and yesterday I went home to find him with an adult frog half in his mouth and his skin on the pebbles.  He's also decided that my dog (which wouldn't hurted a frog let alone a snake) isn't welcome in the garden and has hissed at him.

The problem I have now is that I want to put my house on the market and I don't think people would be to happy when they walk into my garden and see a snake either basking or, even worse, eating a frog.

We have tried to catch him but he's very quick and has obviously found somewhere to hide which we can't find.  I think s/he may also be living under my waterfall.

Please can someone advise me on hows the best way to catch the snake and whether putting him by a lake is the best place for him.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic