the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > News > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BBC Yorkshire programme on adders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BBC Yorkshire programme on adders
    Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 8:28pm
Advance notice that on this coming Monday 9th Nov, BBC1 Yorkshire and Lincolnshire will be featuring adders as part of the Inside Out programme at 7.30pm. Nicola Rees will be looking at adders in Lowland Yorkshire, featuring Thorne Moors and hopefully the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust's Lowland Adders project. For those of you not in Yorkshire, Nicola says that it should be on the BBC I player later that evening but make sure to chose Yorkshire and not one of the other regional programmes under the same Inside Out name. Filming started in the spring.

PS. As I guided the cameraman to some of "my" sites in the Peak District to ensure that he could be guaranteed to find some animals to film, it will be interesting to see if you can spot the non-Yorkshire animals. A clue will be if there are pictures of adders mating!
Chris

Derbyshire Amphibian & Reptile Group

www.derbyshirearg.co.uk

Chris Monk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 11:26pm
Well the programme was broadcast yesterday and is now available on the BBC i player at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00nvskf
It starts about 11 minutes into the programme.
Not only did they cut out all the filmed interviews with John Newton and bring Chris Packham up to do the talking but by my calculations 8 of the 10 mins was filmed in Derbyshire! The only non-Derbyshire bits were Chris Packham's film of the dance of the male adders and the interview with Sam who was then the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust's Lowland Adder Project Officer.
Chris

Derbyshire Amphibian & Reptile Group

www.derbyshirearg.co.uk

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic