the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > UK Reptiles and Amphibians
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are We a Dying Breed?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Kane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2007 at 5:26am
I know a bit off topic, but does anyone know about adders at brantwood next to coniston, we might be going in half term (next week)?

And as for having lizards in your garden Suzi..... so jelous!

Edited by Dan Kane - 13 Jan 2017 at 5:25pm
Suzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2007 at 7:03am

Dan

There are adders on the fells in that area of the Lakes so you might be lucky BUT it is getting a bit late in the year now. Spring might  prove a better time. I realise you are tying this in with half-term hols.

The lizards were in our garden when we moved there in 1961 BUT we didn't see them after that. It's a long time ago so hard to remember but possibly we were too noisy and disturbed them (an older couple had the house before us) or maybe in the bitter winter of 62/63 they were wiped out. I tend to think it was just us noisy kids that did it!

If your Dad is up for it he would be the best person to accompany you on your trips and help you look for adders etc.

Suz
Dan Kane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Kane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2007 at 7:51am
Right I was wondering about adders because we may have gone today and its sunny and 16* here today!

Edited by Dan Kane - 13 Jan 2017 at 5:23pm
Alan Hyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2007 at 12:36pm
Hi Dan,
I wouldn't be to offended that you have not recieved a reply from all your emails. Don't know about other members but, people often register on forums with hotmail accounts and the like , this is how emails can easily be missed.

Cheers,
Al
O-> O+>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic