the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > General > UK Reptiles and Amphibians
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ADDERS AT ILKLEY AND ROMBALDS MOOR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 12:27pm

Bad Dad says he ain’t never seen no snakes up on the moors or heard about them being there but I wouldn’t take that as a definite about them not being there, you might wanna ask other people if they’ve seen them.

I’ve done a quick sketch of where I saw the lizards, I’ll PM you the download link. Saw the first one on some old rotting cardboard which’ll be gone now, it was basking in the sun and the other was basking on a small stone. But where I saw the second one is all burnt now. If you go there and find any come back here and let me know will you, I’d be interested. Ditto if you see any snakes, that’d be well cool.

BTW, I told Meanie Mummy about you. When I told her your age she said we should meet and be boyfriend and girlfriend.

Edited by Baby Sue - 21 Apr 2011 at 12:28pm
pesky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 12:43pm
ok that would be brilliant thanks. grass snakes in scotland? thats a rare site your more likely to see adderss all the way up there Shocked
i live in morley now moved from pudsey start of this year and moved from a lil village to pudsey last year. i dont own my own place but i rent yeah, i live with my OH. just fancied moving to leeds as i worked here and morley was closer and cheaper for me to my work. no i dont go to uni. yeah il send you some, im always more than happy to show girls my snake Wink
 zippo my irian jaya carpet python

This is the only piccy i can get on the rest are too big. if you tell me your email address i can email you some if you like. sorry

Edited by pesky - 21 Apr 2011 at 12:51pm
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 2:25pm

Pretty sure Bad Dad said it was a grass snake. Mind you he’s not a snake expert.

I used to go to Elvis discos in Morley.

Zippo is pretty. Send me more pics, I’ve PMed you.

Meanie Mummy will be peeved you have a girlfriend, she wants me to get hooked up with someone.

pesky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 2:56pm
yeah wasn't saying yes or no just saying if it was its a good find! Tongue ha elvis disco's that sounds like a belter ( i dont like elvis just sounds like a random banger )
yeah i really like zippo he is my latest addition to the family, he was a non feeder for the first 6 months of his life bless him, he's doing really well with me now though. ive emailed you some piccies of my snakes and skink and their vivs
ha will she now? you wouldn't want me anyway im too hooked on snakes to ever talk about anything else, i do most peoples heads in!Ermm

Edited by pesky - 21 Apr 2011 at 2:56pm
Chris d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 7:45pm
Hi,

This is the first time I've posted on this website. Pesky, I used to live in Leeds until recently and used to spend a lot of time on Ilkley Moors looking for reptiles, with little success I might add. I now live just down the road from Allerthorpe you also mentioned. If you want to PM me I could be of help; if the "oldies" say that it is ok that is !

Chris
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 3:41pm

@ pesky - You could be right, if you only talk about snakes you’d probably bore me sh*tless cos I like to talk about all sorts of weird things. It’s probably for the best that I stay single forever.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic