the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Website and Technical > Web forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a good suggestion?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a good suggestion?
    Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 7:02pm
hi,

on another (non-reptile) site i frequent, they have a forum specifically for moans and groans.
a place for it - you can bellyache to your hearts content.

i thought this was a good idea. since some readers might be more interested in pix, observations, queries etc and not want to hear members personal grievances or opinions.

would a "whingers corner" or "grumpy gits" forum be beneficial to RAUK??

ben

i should add, if this means a lot of work for Chris then i withdraw the suggestion - hes done so much for us already.     

Edited by ben rigsby - 10 Jun 2011 at 7:13pm
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 7:14pm
Would you really want to encourage it! I think most of the moaning comes in with comments about management techniques and suchlike and perhaps is justified. Moaning not about herps doesn't seem too bad on here. Also where do you draw the line - we've just had a very entertaining thread about planes, which was not moaning but not much about herps.
Suz
tim hamlett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim hamlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 7:14pm
hi

personally, because there aren't generally a huge number of posts to go through i'm happy to read whatever comes up whether it turns out to be of interest or not. so it doesn't really matter to me if members want to have a bit of a rant on any topic.

cheers
tim
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 7:16pm
I think Tim & I posted at the same time! Have to agree with him.
Suz
dave fixx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave fixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 7:26pm
I think the fact that I am even joining this conversation proves the above points.lol
Dave Williams
davewilliamsphotography.co.uk
Liz Heard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 7:45pm
if everyones happy. great.
it was just a thought.
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 8:31pm
Pretty much what the off topic forum is for, talk, moan, use it for what you like.
Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 10:38am
But where to start, jeez. How about kettling? Or orange juice gives you a sweet tooth - so tax it more. Or E17 you can have cancer treatment, but CM17 you can't, or petrol 1.45 pence per litre on tuesday, or bankers getting big bonuses still while I haven't had a pay rise for three year, or I have had to wait for a whole year for an employment tribunal to set a cse management discussion to decide if I have a case, or why do people take my tins when they're worthless, or why did they offer up 43 pence feed in tariff for solar PV, then, when you get it fitted it goes down to 19 pence?

Ben, you are openeing up a can of worms, but fishing season soon so maybe I'll have a use for those worms - good Perch in Sewardstone pits.

WinkR
RobV
Liz Heard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Heard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 6:15pm
fair enough folks. it was just a suggestion!
thats what "web forum" is for according to the description.
some members are more forthright with their opinions and moans than others thats all and i appreciate that some people might not be interested in reading such material.
personally i am. its brave to stick your neck out (knowing others may well disagree) and hearing all sides of a debate helps waverers or those with no particular stance form one.
RAUK members are a varied bunch with all sorts of backgrounds.
cool! diversity in our habitat!

GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 7:18pm
If you want pretty pictures and sighting reports only - you might have picked the wrong place ben.

RAUK was created for the discussion of issues regarding the conservation of UK Herpetofauna - one is bound to get different opinions, moans and gripes.

One rather hopes though it has not all been for nothing. 

Take the bracken 'debate'. Moan, moan, moan about I have, for years.

Now just occasionally I hear from land managers, 'bracken is good for reptiles you know'

Hmmmm, really I would have never of guessed Wink

Edited by GemmaJF - 11 Jun 2011 at 7:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic