the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

8th/9th March in Dorset

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8th/9th March in Dorset
    Posted: 02 Mar 2008 at 1:45pm

I have not been a very active member of this site, but I do read a lot of the posts about UK species. I am very envious of those here who can walk out and see reptiles near to where they live.

I will be staying in a hotel near Christchurch, Dorset, from 7th to 9th of this month with my girlfirend and we would be grateful to anyone who may be going out looking for herps, who might be willing to take along a couple of civilised amateurs, preferably on 8th.

I have seen adders in Derbyshire under the guidance of Chris Monk, who I am sure would vouch for me if necessary.

Here's hoping.

Michael

Chris Monk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2008 at 4:45pm

Hope you saw something this weekend Michael. We only saw 21 adders on my adder survey training morning today (Friday).

Chris

Derbyshire Amphibian & Reptile Group

www.derbyshirearg.co.uk

phillip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 4:43pm
only,your lucky to have seen 1 i havent.
arvensis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arvensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by phillip phillip wrote:

only,your lucky to have seen 1 i havent.

You will do somewhen Phillip and I bet your first sighting will be when you don't expect it.....
Rich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2008 at 5:45am

We managed to get out for a couple of hours on Sunday but it was cold and a bit overcast where we were, about a mile south of the closed reptile centre.  Didn't see any herps, but surprised by the number of ponies we came across.

Came home on Monday because of the weather.

Would have gone to Derbyshire with Chris, if I had not had a business meeting down there on Friday. We would certainly have seen more herps!!

M

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic