the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Something i never thought i'd see

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 9:06pm
@ Tim and Vicky - thanks for your comments!  without a doubt one of the top UK wildlife spectacles, well done again Tim.Clap
Tom Omlette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 9:56pm
still smiling :)

will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:13am
...and it will keep you smiling through the dark snake-free days of winter..Big smile
AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 4:23pm
Great sighting Tim ,in all my experience I haven't managed to get a shot off adders dancing had a quick sighting but alas no photos carry on the good work regards keith

Edited by AGILIS - 20 Apr 2017 at 4:24pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 6:27pm
cheers keith...right place right time Smile

tim
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 1:13pm
I think the same happens to me Tim. I said I never got shots, then I thought about it and realized I never tried! I always just ended up watching the action. I need something to get me motivated to get back out in the field, so perhaps I should make it a 'mission' to get some pictures of the adder dance. I remember Tony put up a thread on the old forum where he gave focus points etc to get both heads in focus and some other tips.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 8:39pm
That would be interesting to read if you can find it. Can't think of any better motivation to get back out there Smile
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 5:07pm
Unfortunately I cannot find it Tim. I think Tony set a focus point between the two heads, but as you know he is the expert and I cannot hope to give the same information from memory.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Omlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 12:59pm
no probs. i ended up using manual focus as they were moving too fast for my autofocus to follow but that sounds sensible. i should practice on other moving targets first. 
GemmaJF View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GemmaJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 2:18pm
These are good for learning to take shots of moving targets Tim! One soon learns to 'pan' Wink

Edited by GemmaJF - 23 Apr 2017 at 3:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic