the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adders at last

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adders at last
    Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 8:38pm

Finally a day off and the sun is shining, I grabbed a couple of cameras and drove south for an hour arriving at the site at 11:00 with a temperature of 7 degrees C. Unfortunately just before I arrived a party of children had turned up and were now running through the places that I wanted to check, I limited myself to gently swearing under my breath. I walked slowly around the site and soon found the object of my search, my first Adder of the year.

I carried on around the site checking all the places where I had previously seen them but with no luck so turned back towards the car.I thought there is no use walking along the track so climbed the bank and checked amongst the bushes soon spotting another pair sunning themselves.

st rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote st rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 2:16pm
Well done Kevin, the first Adder of the season is always
reassuring. Rick
dave fixx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave fixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 8:51pm
Nice one Kevin,still waiting for mine,always see adders first but after an early slow worm and common lizard,still waiting.Nice pics as well.
Dave Williams
davewilliamsphotography.co.uk
dave fixx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave fixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 10:09pm

One of four we found today,it was so cold,poor conditions really and a new site for me as well so really chuffed.
Dave Williams
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 2:31pm
3rd one down Kev, great shot of a flattened adder, we saw this in the early overcast this morning before they spread out a bit and took up different postures.

Nice find Dave, must go do a new site this year too, I'm getting into the habit of just going where I know I'll see animals, always good to see them but at a new to you site, is always a good day. Things sure seem a bit delayed on the adder front this year. (or maybe they are just back to normal after a proper winter!)
Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 3:15pm
My first of the year at the deer sanctuary
RobV
dave fixx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave fixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 7:52pm
Now thats what I call an id shot Rob.
Dave Williams
Robert V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 11:41pm

Hi Dave, yeah, I was thinking that about this years batch, might try to get decent close up overheads so I can see if I've seen them before.

R

RobV
sussexecology View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sussexecology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2011 at 5:39pm

Very nice pics

Thanks for posting them

Like Rob's recent one too. Nice one Rob

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic