the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adder 2007!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2007 at 4:29pm
  Hi Gemma nice pic havent seen any up here in silly Suffolk yet, as  its been to cold unlike over the border sunny Essex hope I can get a few snaps this year if our district council dose not clear all the habitat cover in their obsessive tidying up the countryside schemes.  I see there is still  some good common lizard colonies within the mersey rd   area regards  keith

Edited by AGILIS
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2007 at 5:05pm

Nothing in silly Suffolk eh! I've not heard it called that in years. I'll own up I'm a foreigner in Essex, Suffolk born and bred  (was near the boarder though) - we only had one sunny day, back to rain and wind for this week according to the forecast.

AGILIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGILIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2007 at 3:20pm
HI Gemma had alook out today in the suffolk brecks hoping that by some slim chance i  might see a early adder to photo but the wind was a bit to cold not even a common liz in sight so much for the global warming .any essex ones out? 
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2007 at 3:27pm
Not been out Keith, weather isn't good here in Essex at all. There are sunny spells forecast for tomorrow afternoon after heavy rain, don't know if it will be any good.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2007 at 6:01am
Nice shots Caleb, which camera did you get?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2007 at 11:15am
The EOS350D is a great camera, mines given me no trouble and it's help me learn a lot too. I'll be looking forward to more piccies
grezza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2007 at 4:05pm

A few pics from Derbyshire yesterday. Recorded 17 Males which is the most I have personally seen in one session (it's only my second year of monitoring!)

Graham

Graham Ella
www.grahamella.co.uk
herpetologic2 View Drop Down
Forum Coordinator
Forum Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herpetologic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2007 at 4:17pm

Brillant photos - is this part of Make the Adder Count surveying?

sounds like a good number

There are few places with that number of adders around my way - maybe up to 14 but usually only 4 to 6

Great stuff

Jon

Report your sightings to the Record Pool http://arguk.org/recording
grezza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2007 at 4:27pm

Hi Jon

Yeah it's part of the Make Adders Count, it's just great to see them and the more I visit the more I learn, just sit and observe them, and obviously take some photo's along the way.

Graham

Graham Ella
www.grahamella.co.uk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2007 at 5:25pm
Nice one Graham stunning pics (I like the way you have done the borders), nicely marked snakes too!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic