the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

north west & Wirral

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: north west & Wirral
    Posted: 05 Feb 2007 at 11:20am
is anybody from here,do you know any good sites of these areas,not just for vipera berus but all of our reptiles.cheers.
Alex2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2007 at 6:29pm

Originally posted by james4 james4 wrote:

is anybody from here,do you know any good sites of these areas,not just for vipera berus but all of our reptiles.cheers.

Hi James,

I think it's against forum policy to give out specific locations (for obvious reasons), did you have any luck with your local ARG?.

Cheers, Alex.

james4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2007 at 10:30am
no,no reply.

cant you pm them me,i wont disturb them.
Alex2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2007 at 12:09pm

no,no reply.

cant you pm them me,i wont disturb them.

I'm not familiar with your neck of the woods I'm afraid James, so can't offer help there...Dorset's my stamping ground (for want of a better term on an Adder thread!), so get out and get looking, several species have already shown their faces this year :)

james4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2007 at 1:12pm
yes i will,but i snowed up here today so they woont be out again for some time.
herpetologic2 View Drop Down
Forum Coordinator
Forum Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herpetologic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2007 at 4:27am

James where are you and which ARG did you email?

Report your sightings to the Record Pool http://arguk.org/recording
james4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2007 at 10:32am
i emailed the merseyside one,im in merseyside.
Judderman62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judderman62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2008 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Alex2 Alex2 wrote:

Hi James,

I think it's against forum policy to give out specific locations (for obvious reasons), did you have any luck with your local ARG?.

Cheers, Alex.

For obvious reasons ?  I'm clearly a bit slow 

I imagine it's in case the person reading is interested in harming Adders ?  or is there another reason.

I also would love to see an adder in the wild (be quite nice to see any snake in the wild really - but an adder would be great).

I am in the Northern Part of Greater Manchester - would anyone be happy to give a general pointer/area and pref PM me with more specifics and also give any hints on best times of year/day and other tips for maximising chances of seeing one.

I believe some parts of Derbyshire have populations - that's be great as it is such a lovely area too.

I also like the idea of Photographing one but being a class 1 wimp wonder how close you can get to one before it gets a tad irritated ?

Is it easy enough to get close enough to get the adder filling a reasonable amount of the frame ?

Thanks in advance to all and what a great site 

Thanks

Judderman

herpetologic2 View Drop Down
Forum Coordinator
Forum Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herpetologic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2008 at 3:48am

Hi Judderman

I suggest you contact Chris Monk at Derbyshire ARG or David Orchard at the ARG of South Lancasshire (+Greater Manchester)

• Derbyshire Chris Monk, Derbyshire Amphibian & Reptile Group, Hilburn, Chapel Lane, Middleton, Matlock, Derbyshire DE4 4NF , 01629 823136/01629 580000, chris.monk*derbyshire.gov.uk
  • Lancashire and Greater Manchester David Orchard, Amphibian and Reptile Group of South Lancashire, 106 Thicketford Road, Tonge Moor, Bolton, BL2 2LU, argsl*btinternet.com

I would suggest you link up with these guys as they can show you the sites etc

check out www.arguk.org aswell

J

Report your sightings to the Record Pool http://arguk.org/recording
Judderman62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judderman62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2008 at 4:55am
Originally posted by herpetologic2 herpetologic2 wrote:

Hi Judderman

I suggest you contact Chris Monk at Derbyshire ARG or David Orchard at the ARG of South Lancasshire (+Greater Manchester)

• Derbyshire Chris Monk, Derbyshire Amphibian & Reptile Group, Hilburn, Chapel Lane, Middleton, Matlock, Derbyshire DE4 4NF , 01629 823136/01629 580000, chris.monk*derbyshire.gov.uk
  • Lancashire and Greater Manchester David Orchard, Amphibian and Reptile Group of South Lancashire, 106 Thicketford Road, Tonge Moor, Bolton, BL2 2LU, argsl*btinternet.com

I would suggest you link up with these guys as they can show you the sites etc

check out www.arguk.org aswell

Thanks for that when you say they could show me do you mean as in accompany me and take me there ?

Anyone any comments/feedback on my other questions re time of year/day, tips on photographing them and anything else I asked ?

Thanks in advance and thanks again for the reply thus far

J

Edited by Judderman62
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic