the online meeting place for all who love our amphibians and reptiles
Home Page Live Forums Archived Forums Site Search Identify Record Donate Projects Links
Forum Home Forum Home > Herpetofauna Native to the UK > Adder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Early adders?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2006 at 1:52pm
note the marks on the neck area of one male, a lot of snakes from here have these marks near the head area?
jerry
John Newton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Newton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2006 at 2:10pm
Hi Jerry

Photos are spot on !
 - be nice to see the same in our northern climes.
Not sure about the neck wounds, other than the usual run of potential avian predators, or maybe there is some life left in envenomated voles!
Crackin piccies.
John Newton

South Yorkshire ARG
Jerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2006 at 2:16pm
just one more before you get fed up with them. Many thanks Jon

Edited by Jerry
jerry
Jerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2006 at 3:54pm
After 40mins of tussling each other the victor (for now) claims his prize
jerry
Vicar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2006 at 4:10pm
Awesome pics .
You lucky bugger !, nice one.
Steve Langham - Chairman    
Surrey Amphibian & Reptile Group
Paul Williams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Williams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2006 at 5:33am

These were the ones i found yesterday

Danny13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2006 at 12:09pm
Hi, havent posted for a while but now its srping I will be posting my findings more often. Went adder searching a few days ago and unfortunately the first one ive seen this year was dead, head missing. Low counts on two trips on a population which I frequently visit, seeing only one. I also found a rather attractive skin which i turned inside out so that it was the proper way around, the markings are very clear.
    A dog walker then told us that the population there had been killed off. She said that there was around 20 in that area but word got around and people have been stamping on them. I hope she was just trying to deter us, thinking mabey we was trying to kill them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
  Share Topic